Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Baba Strike

Ok so as most of you know I have nursed Zach from the get go. Every day, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Back at a few months old, Dh would occasionally give him a baba and I would pump at work. Well it got to the point where he would just end up waiting til I got off of work to want to eat so there was no reason or need to pump and give him a bottle while I was gone. Fast foward to a few days ago.

Now that we are due for another munchkin in our home I figured dh better be giving the bottle and I pumping at work to get up my supply and my stash for when its needed. SO, he wakes and I am still at work, so dh warms up a bottle. Zach was having NOTHING to do with it. NOPE. Doesnt want that, wants his mama. So, here dh comes w/ Zach in tow to work at 8:30 at night for a mama feeding. LiL Stink. Ok so we thought maybe it was just a fluke and figured we would give it a try again tomorrow. Next night was just a repeat of the previous night. There was no way this kid was taking a bottle. DH tried 2 different types of nipples and bottles, tried just mama milk and 1/2 mama 1/2 formula, nothin. So, here comes mama to the rescue, left work early to come home and feed the monster. I then took some of the mama milk from the bottle and put it in a tippy. He opened his mouth wide, grabbed on w/ his gums and yanked it and laughed a full belly laugh. Which in turn made me laugh out loud at this poor boy pulling at the cup nipple, just like he does to mama (my fellow nursing mama's know what I am talking about). He did this over and over, opened mouth, took in cup, tried to suck it out, ended up w/ mama milk all over his chin and screamed laugh in delight.

So, today I poured him some mama milk w/ his afternoon fruit and gave it to him. He couldnt seem to get much out of it, so I took off the lid and put the open big boy cup to his lips. He ended up lapping up the milk like a puppy dog, how cute can that be!! He ended up drinking 1/2 an oz like this, lapping away and milk soaking his shirt.

So, now I ask, do I just forgo the bottle all together and jump straight to tippies??? And is he going to be satisfied if Daddy gives him milk from a cup while I am gone?? Enough maybe to tide him over til I get home??

Oh the joys of nursing mamas!!!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Kass and Kam NEVER had bottles... they went straight from nursing to sippy cups. One less thing to break them of, I say! :)