Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mama's New Look

Ok, so there comes to a point in a "new" mom's life where she has the urge to chop off her hair. Whether it be after delivery, early in her pregnancy or months after bringing the new bundle into the world, but in most cases it does happen, as so it did today. It came to me as I caught a glimse of myself in the mirror after getting out of the shower (after the shock of seeing a pregnant once again belly) and noticing that I look extremely old and tired. Now, some of you may say, "oh no you dont" or "your too hard on yourself" but please come on, lets jump into reality. My body is working on baby #5, I work evenings, try to take care of a house and a child during the day, play taxi from 3-5p most evenings and a Ref from 3-8pm. I have no time really in my life, or even in a day to take care of "me".

So, jump to noon today. I had it. I had once again pulled my hair back up so i could nurse Zach w/o having little fingers yank on my hair and I sd, that's it. Im getting it cut. So, a quick phone call into my most fav hair lady and an appt was set for 2:15. There was no backing out. It was done, and I was ready. Since most of you either know me from computer land and have never seen me IRL but if its straight and down its down to the middle of my back. In desperate need of some TLC, and hadnt been graced in my hair lady's hand since I was 6 wks pregnant w/ Zach. Scary.

So I count down the time for 2:00 to get here as soon as it can and off we go to the hair salon. Zachy in tow of course and Grandma on the way to rescue him from having to sit alone in a stroller while mama gets pampered. I plop down in the chair and tell her, I need you....my hair needs you. I need it layered, I need it shorter...just do whatever and do it now. So she started to cut and I close my eyes for her to work her magic. After a wonderful shampoo job, a chop, and a clip here and there, and a blow dry and its done. Just in time for me to run and get kids from school. I glance up in the mirror after she is done........

I LOVE IT! Its shorter, its layered, its soft, its fuller, its hip, its just sooo me! I wish I would have done it sooner. So, here ya go. Here is the masterpiece. Go ahead, be jelous I know you are! Hee Hee

Photobucket

Sorry for the crappy photo, it was taken w/ my phone, near the window, with less than perfect make-up on....ok I can make up tons of excuses cause I hate taking photos of myself, so you get what you get. Its me. LOL

2 comments:

December Dreamers said...

love it!

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Michelle, I just wanted to let you know that I changed the title of my blog to: http://themerrybandoffife.blogspot.com/
You'll want to change that in your blog list because currently my link on your blog is to an adult website, yikes!