Friday, April 10, 2009

Labor??

So, I've been dealing w/ contractions all day today. Been about 20 mins apart since sometime this am. Nothing to "write home about" but there. I've done laundry, picked up the house, etc, finding things to do to distract myself. Some of you may know, I ended up visiting the dr office on Tues w/ ctx and was checked. I was FT (fingertip) and baby was high, and thick. Okey Dokey. Well, since this is baby #5 and doc didnt want me to deliver at home LOL we were admitted and they were stopped w/ meds since I was just shy of 36 wks according to their dates. I was on bedrest so to speak til the next day, was rechecked in the early morning and was still FT, and we got dismissed late morning. I was told to go to the office at about 230 to be rechecked. I was then 1cm and she could feel the top of baby's head, still thick. She told me I had the go ahead now to deliver and that they wouldnt stop them now. So that was Wednesday.

Here it is Friday. I lost a large amt of plug this am (sorry all you non-children bearing folks for the whole labor talk LOL) and have been losing a fair amt for most of the day. Ive had pressure in my leg sockets most of the day and back aches. Its now 6pm and the ctx are now coming closer and stronger together so I do think this is a good sign. Once I get to about 5 cm I can go from 5-10 in about 20 mins flat and have always pushed twice, so its important that I dont screw around too long at home. I dont feel that they are strong enough yet to go in, and I am not going in to be sent home. Sorry. This is baby #5 and Im not going to look like a doofus and be told, you arent in labor!?! or having contractions?!? what are you thinking?? LOL Especially since I know every single nurse on that floor and have known some of them for at least 13 yrs.

One good thing about popping out a baby this weekend is the doc that has yet to deliver one of our children is on call. See we have 5 doc's in our practice, and we have 4 kids now, which each doc has delivered one of them, except one lady doc that has yet to deliver, and she just so happens to be on call. Perfect. So help me they better never add more staff to that practice!!

Let's just hope that the Easter Bunny brings us a baby this year!!! :) We will update you as soon as we can!

Love My Family to yours!

No comments: